Captains, Are You Ready?
Form a Team
Invite friends, family, or coworkers to join your team. Ask people you know and consider having your teammates contact others. Get your workplace involved. Invite management to form or sponsor a team. Being a team captain should be fun, rewarding, and simple. Thank you for joining us to support people living with cancer.
Learn about The Tour Of The Litchfield Hills event. The Tour raises funds for the Cancer Care Fund of the Litchfield Hills, Inc. The Fund provides financial assistance to cancer patients who are receiving treatment in Northwest Connecticut. The Fund provides help to patients in immediate need of financial assistance for transportation, therapies, medications, utility bills, and other emergent needs. The Fund also helps make possible a variety of services related to cancer care including cancer prevention, education, and patient support activities.
Register Your Team
Register your team’s name and captain’s name by filling out the Team Registration Form. Send the form by fax to (860) 379-3373 or mail it to:
The Tour Of The Litchfield Hills, Inc.,
c/o Susan Smith
200 Kennedy Drive
Torrington, CT 06790
You will receive an acknowledgment of your Team Registration Form. Additional team members and donations may be added to your team as late as the day of the event.
Start Fund Raising
Set income goals for individuals and for your team. Each team member should try to raise a minimum of $100.00. Please note EACH team member must submit a minimum of $50.00 to cover the registration fee.
Now, Have Some Fun!
Promote your team and message. This is optional but can help make your team’s efforts more meaningful and fun. Some ideas include:
- create a team theme
- order special t-shirts or hats
- decorate your bikes and helmets
- dedicate your team to someone special
The Mayor’s Cup will be presented to the team whose members have been most successful in raising funds. Your team’s name will be placed on The Mayor’s Cup under the heading “Decade of Champions”.
Be Organized and Prepared
Building a team is fun! You are working for a great cause. As you assemble your team, The Tour Committee is here to help. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or call us at (860) 379-3372.
Be Sure You Have Completed These Steps:
- Register your team with us and identify your captain.
- Check to see that all individual registrations are filled out completely. All team members must fill out a registration form and sign a waiver. Registrations without signed waivers will not be accepted. Persons under 18 require an adult signature.
- Fill out the envelope enclosed with the team packet and use it to return your team’s registrations and donations to Northwest Community Bank, 86 Main Street, Winsted, CT 06098 or bring the team packet and donations the morning of the event.
The Tour is a rain or shine event. All donations are non-refundable.